When we speak to new clients about their current Google Ad accounts, we so often come across the scenario where the business does not in fact own, or even have access to, their account. Most often when we come across this, we have to rebuild the client’s account because the previous agency is unable or unwilling to release their account.
Here are some of the reasons why you, as the client, should always “own” your Google Ads account:
The history in your account is tremendously valuable.
The years or months you invested in advertising can provide key metrics about your account that are very valuable. These metrics can provide insights to optimizations, and negative keywords can significantly reduce your CPL or boost your ROI. If you don’t have this data, you’re starting at a disadvantage.
You’ll spend more money on the same ads if you have to start from scratch with a new account.
Google favors history. Older accounts have keywords and ads that have built up quality-score over time. Quality-score is a relevancy metric defined by Google on a scale from 1-10, the higher the better. With higher quality-scores, you are often paying less for clicks to your ads than competitors with low quality-scores.
If you don’t own your account, your agency can do whatever they want with your Campaigns, including using them for a competitor.
We’ve seen this tactic employed by a few of the larger “agencies” that work with small businesses. They will “own” their client’s Google Ads account or run ads within the agencies’ Google Ads account. If the client disengages, they will simply find a new client in the same industry and duplicate their former client’s campaigns for the new company.
Transparency and Reports
If you have access to your account, you will have the ability to view the data directly in your Google Ads account and Google Analytics at any given time and not just through the marketing agency dashboard or reporting tool which can sometimes hide valuable information.
1. Google Ads campaign audit. (if you’re already advertising)
2. Keyword and competitor research to identify the most effective keyword, ad, and landing page strategies in your market.
3. Ad targeting including Google Search, device targeting, retargeting, Google Display Network
4. Ad copywriting optimization including mobile click-to-call ads, standard text ads, responsive ads, TrueView video ads
5. Landing page review& optimization including custom landing page development if needed and monthly landing page optimization
6. Conversion tracking including call tracking, website form tracking and other conversions based on goal set.
7. 1-on-1 Google Ads Consulting session to discuss your campaigns and strategy moving forward
8. Monthly reporting and analysis via phone and email with a dedicated expert Google Ads consultant